Today I decided to do a tag I saw ages ago and loved – The Coffee Book Tag! Here are my answers.
- Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans
A series that I find particularly hard to get into is Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I’ve owned it for over a year now but I still haven’t picked it up. There’s something about it that’s stopping me from picking it up and I just don’t know what it is.
- Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year
This is a hard question, but I’m going to go with Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch. I always see this book appear more often on Instagram, which makes sense since it’s about people living in the season of winter.
- Hot chocolate: What is your favourite children’s book
I loved Seriously Sassy when I was about 10 years old. The books were written by Maggi Gibson who was the first author I ever met!
- Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish
Light by Michael Grant was so stressful, I remember being on edge knowing it was the last one and everything was going crazy. I couldn’t read another book for two and a half weeks once I’d finished. Totally worth it.
- Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere
I always see The Mortal Instruments on bookstgram. It’s one of those series that most people have read and loved, including me.
- That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout
This isn’t an indie author, but an under hyped one that deserves so much more attention. Virginia Bergin wrote both The Rain and The Storm and I am so obsessed with them. I recommend them to everyone.
- Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from
Dorothy must die just didn’t fulfil its potential for me. I wrote a review here if you would like to check it out.
- The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying
The hunger games, in my opinion ended really well. It was heart-breaking and so many innocent people had died, but, in the end, progress had been made and they could focus on making a new life and a better future.
- Green Tea: Name a book series that is quietly beautiful
The Wrath and the Dawn is a book with beautiful writing and descriptions.
- Chai Tea : Name a book or series that makes you dream of far off places
A Court of Thorns and Roses makes me want to visit the night court, it’s such a beautiful place.
- Earl Grey: Name your favourite classic.
I’m not a huge fan of old classics, but a modern classic I enjoyed is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
There you have it, my coffee book tag!
Feel free to do this if you have been tagged or not, be sure to let me know when you do so I can check out your answers.
Little Fantasy Land